Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The UPS Guy Hates My Guts

The UPS guy and myself have an ongoing battle. It's a silent battle. One where I smile at him sweetly every time my office calls in a pickup and one where he never reveals his eyes to me, as they are hidden behind his reflective sunglasses (which he refuses to take off indoors). I can't help it that by the time I call in a pickup, he has already been in my area. UPS is known for being able to pick up any package, anywhere, as long as you give them an hour's notice. Which I do. But the UPS guy hates my guts for it if it's anywhere near the end of the day when we make "the call." Why would I have an overnight package ready at 9:00 am? I just get to work myself at that time! We play nice but I know deep down he hates my guts and he knows I know he hates my guts. Buck up, young UPS guy. Take off those reflective sunglasses and look me in the face. Maybe it's your turn to look me in the eye and say, "Are you kidding me?!"

No comments: